POLICY FOR SAFEGUARDING CUSTOMER INFORMATION
Customers are prospective students and students who apply to attend the institution and apply for private or government grants or loans to finance their educations. Nonpublic personal information is information, which is not publicly available on:
- The Customer’s name, address, and social security number. The name of the Customer’s financial institution, account number
- Information provided on Customer’s application to enroll in the institution.
- Information provided on Customer’s application for a grant or loan Information provided on a consumer report
- Information obtained from a website. The institution is committed to implementing a comprehensive information security program, consistent with the size and complexity of this institution and the nature of its educational activities, to maintain and safeguard your nonpublic personal information against damage or loss. The policy covers all student records in whatever format (hard copy, electronic)
The school’s Director/Manager shall be responsible to coordinate the schools Information security program. The Director/Manager shall, at least once every three years, assess foreseeable internal and external risks to the security, confidentiality, and integrity of customer information that could result in the unauthorized disclosure, misuse, alteration, destruction or other compromise of the information. The risk assessment shall cover every relevant area of school operations, including:
- Employee training and management
- Network and software design, information processing, storage, transmission and disposal
- Ways to detect, prevent, and respond to attacks, intrusions or other systems failures
The coordinator shall design and implement safeguards to control identified risks and shall monitor the effectiveness of them, recommending changes when warranted. Records for prospective students who are not accepted or who do not enroll in the institution shall be held for 3 months then destroyed in a secure manner. Records of students shall be maintained in accordance with federal and state law and accreditation requirements.
Students shall receive an initial notice of this policy at the time they submit a signed application for enrollment. All currently enrolled students shall receive an annual notice on September 15th each year.
The institution shall only enter into servicing agreements with service providers who also maintain appropriate safeguards for customers’ nonpublic personal information.
NOTICE ON DISCLOSURE OF NONPUBLIC PERSONAL INFORMATION
We collect nonpublic personal information about you when you apply to attend the institution, and / or when you apply for a private or government student grant or loan. This information includes:
- Your name
- Social security number
- Assets and income
- Name of your bank and account number
We do not disclose this information to any person or institution except to the United States Department of Education, loan guarantee agencies, and/or loan servicing agencies. We may also disclose nonpublic personal information about you to non affiliated third parties as permitted by law. For example, accrediting agencies have access to any records we maintain on you pursuant to the Federal Family Educational and Privacy Rights Act.
Your applications, containing the nonpublic personal information listed above, are maintained and safeguarded against loss or damage. Access to them is restricted to designated employees.
You may “opt out” of disclosure of this information to parties other than those with a right to it by signing the “Opt Out” coupon on the back of an enrollment agreement.