Code of Conduct
Brittany Beauty Academy recognizes that ensuring the integrity of the student financial aid process is critical to providing fair and affordable access to higher education in New York. Therefore, the Institution has formalized the following guiding principles that shall be effective immediately and must be adopted by each Institution location. These guidelines are designed to avoid any potential for a conflict of interest between Brittany Beauty Academy, its students or their parents in the student financial aid process. Accordingly, each location shall take all reasonable steps to adhere to the following principles in the Institutions financial aid operations:
- All Brittany Beauty Academy employees should receive no personal benefit. No officer, trustee or employee of Brittany Beauty Academy shall accept anything of more than nominal value on his or her behalf or on behalf of another person or entity from any Lending Institution. For example, cash, stocks, gifts, entertainment, expense-paid trips, etc. should never be accepted from a Lending Institution. Likewise, an individual should never receive payment or reimbursement from a Lending Institution for lodging, meals or travel to conferences or training seminars. However, an officer, trustee or employee of Brittany Beauty Academy may:
- conduct non-Institution business with any Lending Institution and, subject to state law, receive value in connection with such non-Institution business, so long as such value is not intended to influence the officer, trustee or employee in conducting Institution business;
- conduct Institution business and, subject to state law, receive value on behalf of Brittany Beauty Academy that is unrelated to the student loan activities of the Lending Institution;
- attend conferences and meetings of tax-exempt organizations that are funded or sponsored by more than one entity and, subject to state law, receive materials, refreshments, and other things of like value provided at such professional conferences and meetings; and,
- hold membership in, serve on the board of or participate in the activities of any tax-exempt organization and, subject to state law, receive travel reimbursements and other things of like value from the tax-exempt organization for such activities.
- Brittany Beauty Academy employees should not serve on lender advisory boards for remuneration. No officer, trustee or employee of Brittany Beauty Academy who makes financial aid decisions for Brittany Beauty Academy or who is employed in, supervises or otherwise has responsibility or authority over Brittany Beauty Institution's financial aid office shall receive any remuneration for serving as a member or participant of an student loan advisory board of a Lending Institution or any reimbursement of expenses for such service. Any officer, trustee or employee of Brittany Beauty Academy who serves as a member or participant of a Lending Institution board shall recuse himself or herself from any board discussions regarding Brittany Beauty Institution's financial aid operations.
- staff Brittany Beauty Institution's financial aid office at any time; or
- communicate with Brittany Beauty Institution's students or their parents in such a manner as to create the impression that the Lending Institution is an employee or agent of Brittany Beauty Academy in connection with Brittany Beauty Institution's student financial aid operations, including through the use of mascots, logos, etc. Finally, Brittany Beauty Academy shall not enter into any agreement with a Lending Institution to provide alternative (i.e., non-federal or "opportunity") student loan programs if the provision of such alternative loan programs prejudices other students or parents.
- Brittany Beauty Academy should make appropriate use of any Preferred Lender Lists. If Brittany Beauty Academy decides to promulgate a list or lists of preferred or recommended lenders for student loans or similar ranking or designation ("Preferred Lender List"), the selection of Lending Institutions for inclusion on the Preferred Lender List shall be based on the best interests of Brittany.