Licenced & Accredited
For nearly 50 years Brittany Beauty Academy has been Licensed by the New York State Education Department's Bureau of Proprietary School Supervision (BPSS) which oversees and monitors non-degree granting proprietary schools in NYS Types of Aid Available*
- Proprietary schools under BPSS jurisdiction include trade and business schools, computer training facilities, and for-profit English as a Second Language (ESL) schools. These schools provide education and job training tailored to the adult population.
- The mission of BPSS is to ensure consumer protection; to promote increasing educational competence, high standards, accountability, and integrity within the proprietary school section; and to implement monitoring and oversight with fairness and equity.
- All components of a school’s operation are reviewed and approved through BPSS, including ownership, financial resources, teaching and administrative personnel, curriculum and marketing materials. BPSS also works with various organizations and accrediting agencies to share the best industry practices.
- BPSS works in coordination with various local, state and federal agencies to ensure that schools are safely operating in accordance to regulation, using industry standard equipment, and that public tuition funds are appropriated correctly. BPSS offers a high level of consumer protection due to its complaint resolution process and tuition protection fund.
- Find out more at: www.acces.nysed.gov/bpss